Monday, July 25, 2005

Meaningful Gift

My parents sent my birthday gift back from Taiwan with my brother-in-law. Instead of waiting until my birthday, I opened it early (I know, I cheated). My parents had put together a photo album for me from my baby photos up to my recent photos. The album must have taken a long time to complete. It included most of the major events in my life - graduations, baptism, engagement, and wedding. They also left blank pages in the back. Initially, I thought they didn't finish the photo album. But as I flipped to the last page, I realized that they left blank pages on purpose. They wrote a note on the last page saying that the photos captured the best memories they had with me. And the remaining pages are to be filled by my new family with Tomio. Isn't it so sweet? I'm really touched by the gift. I miss my parents.
On the other hand, I think Tomio was very entertained by my childhood photos :)

No comments: